Hi guys, sorry to bother you again and send this direct message, but I did a test *without* using Mininet, and the problem/behavior persists.

Could someone try to test this, please?

It is necessary one active controller, I've tested with Floodlight controller.

A simple way to verify is, open one term and execute
$watch sudo ovsdb-client dump Controller

In another term, execute this sequence of commands, and see what happens:

$sudo ovs-vsctl add-br s1
$sudo ovs-vsctl add-br s2
$sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller s1 tcp:192.168.1.215:6653
Wait 5 seconds, and execute:
$sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller s2 tcp:192.168.1.215:6653

You will see that *sec_since_connect* are the same, but should not be once I connected at different times.

Try to change the role of the controller, need to change the data inside of < > with the appropriate value. $sudo ovs-vsctl set Controller *<975fb2ed-6354-45c1-ba12-3c2295bdee7b>* role=slave

The role gets back to master after some seconds, why it gets back to master?

I wrote this thread at OVS-Discuss list, but without success.
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2017-April/044293.html

Another test that could be done, take a look at the information defined at fail_mode and role.

$sudo ovs-vsctl add-br s1 -- set bridge s1 other-config:datapath-id=0000000000000001 fail_mode=secure $sudo ovs-vsctl add-br s2 -- set bridge s2 other-config:datapath-id=0000000000000002 fail_mode=secure
$sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller s1 tcp:192.168.1.215:6653
$sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller s2 tcp:192.168.1.215:6653
$sudo ovs-vsctl set Controller 3675a6b5-b9c5-4db3-91cd-ab5226045b56 role=slave

Regards and many thanks.

: )

Att,

Tulio Ribeiro - LaSIGE.