On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 16:41:53 +0100
Fabio Zingaretti <fabio.zingare...@terradue.com> wrote:

> Dear support,
> I’m testing OpenVSwitch version 2.8.1 on my infrastructure using CentOS7 ,
> but I’m having any problem , in particular:
>
> 1) I configured the VXLAN but if I perform a reboot of the server I lose the
> VXLAN configuration and I have to perform again the configuration

Look at /usr/share/doc/openvswitch/README.RHEL.rst to
see how to configure it in a persistent way.

> 2) I see the following error inside /var/log/messages :  “kernel:
> openvswitch: ovs: recursion limit reached on datapath ovs-system, probable
> configuration error”  but the configuration works properly…

I will be hard for us to help without more info.  There was a fix to control
how many recursions could happen, and your setup is most probably hitting it.

It can crash the kernel if you go beyond, see:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b064d0d88ae5280c7e878f79d0c9a8e2876a4d14

--
Flavio