Hi Avi,

Some links to figures below.

BTW Dropping the dpdk list - I'm not sure how ovs community feels about cross
posting. Please feel free to re-instate.

Regards,
/Billy

[[BO'M]]
There are some figures in these documents:
https://events.static.linuxfound.org/sites/events/files/slides/Scalable%20high-performance%20userland%20container%20networking%20for%20NFV.pdf

And also the "Virtio-user" paper at
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2017/workshop-kbnets.html

> Since the DPDK and linux-containers are not compatible, is a sense that
> container and host share the same kernel - hence pkts received at OvS-DPDK  at
> user-space and directed to a linux container  - should be go   down to the
> kernel
> and then to the container ip-stack, while in XDP-eBPF this pkt can be forward
> the container ip-stack directly from the kernel.

 [[BO'M]] Are you you rolling your own solution using xpd/bpf directly or using
something like Cilium project? If you could share some details on your use-case
and current solution strategy/options that would be really interesting.

> I heard that a vhostuser interface for containers is 'in-working' stage.
> Can anyone assist with the performance numbers and the status of this vhost-
> user for containers ?

[[BO'M]] There is already dpdkvhostuser(client) interface types in OvS-DPDK
which provide virtio backends to allow VMs to connect to OvS-DPDK. Maybe you
mean virtio-user which is covered in the paper above? And which was introduced
just last year.