On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:34:19PM -0800, Han Zhou wrote:
> > I remember there was a patch for ACL group in OVN, so that instead of
R*P
> > rows we will have only R + P rows, but didn't see it went through.
>
> I don't remember that.  Any chance you could point me to it?

Yes, I found it:

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2016-August/077118.html
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2016-August/321165.html

And I made a mistake in my previous text. It is about port group, which is
what we need here, rather than ACL group.

> > Is this also a good use case of conjuncture?
>
> Maybe, but that happens at a different level of the system.

Yes, if we have the capability to represent port group/set in ACLs, then it
is possible for ovn-controller to translate into flows using conjuncture,
but maybe it is a less valuable optimization since most ports from a group
are not landing on same HV.

Thanks,
Han