On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 08:56:42AM -0800, Han Zhou wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 8:15 AM, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:

> > > I wouldn't rename the table.  It sounds like the priority should be to
> > > add support for sets of port names.  I thought that there was already
> > > patch for that to be rebased, but maybe I misunderstood.
> >
> > I feel it is better to add a new table for port group explicitly, and
the
> > column type can be a set of weak reference to Logical_Switch_Port.
> > The benefits are:
> > - Better data integrity: deleting a lport automatically deletes from the
> > port group
> > - No confusion about the type of records in a single table
> > - Existing Address_Set mechanism will continue to be supported without
any
> > change
> > - Furthermore, the race condition issue brought up by Lucas can be
solved
> > by supporting port-group in IP address match condition in
ovn-controller,
> > so that all addresses in the lports are used just like how AddressSet is
> > used today. And there is no need for Neutron networking-ovn to use
> > AddressSet any more. Since addresses are deduced from lports, the
ordering
> > of deleting/adding doesn't matter any more.
> >
> > How does this sound?
>
> Will we want sets of Logical_Router_Ports later?
At least I don't see any use case in Neutron for router ports since
Security Group is only for VIF ports.

There is another tricky point I see while working on implementation. In
Neutron, SG can be applied to ports across different networks, but in OVN
lports works only on its own datapath, so in ovn-controller we need to be
able to pickup related ports from the port-group when translating lflows
for each datapath. I hope this is not an issue. Otherwise, Neutron plugin
will have to divide the group of ports into sub-groups according to the
lswitch they belong to, which would be a pain.

Thanks,
Han