From: ovs-discuss-boun...@openvswitch.org
[mailto:ovs-discuss-boun...@openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of Alan Kayahan
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:27 AM
To: ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org
Subject: [ovs-discuss] There's no available (non-isolated) pmd thread on numa
node 0, Expect reduced performance.

Hello,

On the following setup, where all cores but 0 are isolated,

available: 2 nodes (0-1)
node 0 cpus: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
node 1 cpus: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

I am trying to start OVS entirely on numa node 1 as following

ovs-vsctl --no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:dpdk-init=true
other_config:dpdk-lcore-mask=0x00400 other_config:pmd-cpu-mask=0xffc00
other_config:dpdk-socket-mem=1024,4096

However when I create a vhost port SRC to attach a VNF(via virtio) on node 0, I
get the following

dpif_netdev|WARN|There's no available (non-isolated) pmd thread on numa node 0.
Queue 0 on port 'SRC' will be assigned to the pmd on core 14 (numa node 1).
Expect reduced performance.

Any ideas?

Thanks