You don't want to do that. The controller should always initiate the flow
rules on switch connection to ensure stale or unwanted rules aren't present.

If you want to "force" a set of base rules, have ONOS push them to every
switch on connection.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Sh j <segu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For example, if an OVS receives a ICMP_reply and it is the destination of
> this ICMP_reply, it does not need to send a packet_in to the controller.
> So I want to install some flow rules or configure OVS to not send
> packet_in messages in this case.
>
> I am using ONOS as a controller. The problem is that when the OVS connects
> to the controller, all flow rules added manually are disappeared.
>
> Is there any way to force OVS to keep some kind of flow rules and
> connecting to the controller does not affect that?
>
> Thanks

>> OVS to get the packet without sending any packet_in messages to the
>> controller for handling this packet?
>> >
>> > I'm not sure that I understand the question.  Are you asking is there a
>> way for OVS to send some packets to the controller without sending an
>> OpenFlow packet-in?  I suppose you could mirror the packet to a system
>> through a dedicated port, VLAN, or tunnel.  However, if you want to be
>> using OpenFlow, packet-in is the natural way for sending packets to a
>> controller.
>>
>> Another way to interpret the question is, "Can I set up a flow without
>> receiving a packet-in?"  If that's the question, then the answer is
>> "yes: the flow table can be modified independent of traffic."

Blue Lang
VP, Engineering *| *Veracity

3423 Piedmont Rd NE

Suite 400