On 7/12/2018 8:28 PM, Sandeep Adapala wrote:
Yes that would be great help. Ben.

I've posted a patch to address this, comments are welcome.

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2018-July/349611.html

Ian, Flavio- Now I have moved little bit further. now I am in start switched step. I got this error when I do ovs-vswitchd unix:$DB_SOCK --pidfile --detach

Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement

I haven't come across this error before myself, what type of platform are you using?

Ian

but my NIC is Intel05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)

So am I missing anything here?

Regards,

Sandeep

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org <mailto:b...@ovn.org>> wrote:

    On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 03:42:08PM +0100, Ian Stokes wrote:
    > On 7/12/2018 3:26 PM, Flavio Leitner wrote:
    > >On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 09:41:24AM -0400, Sandeep Adapala wrote:
    > >>Hello Ian,
    > >>
    > >>Currently I am using Ubuntu 16.04 OS
    > >>OVS version is v2.6.1 and DPDK is v16.11.1
> > I'd echo what Flavio has said below, also OVS 2.6.1 uses DPDK 16.07.1, I'm
    > not sure if it will work as is with DPDK 16.11. The OVS to DPDK version
    > mappings are available in the OVS release FAQ.
> > http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/
    <http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/>

    Should we move that mapping in the DPDK installation instructions?  Then
    we'd get fewer questions because users would have the right answer to
    that particular question whenever they read the instructions, even if
    they happened to read the instructions for the wrong version.