Anyone faced similar issue with other controllers?

From: ovs-discuss-boun...@openvswitch.org <ovs-discuss-boun...@openvswitch.org>
On Behalf Of Vishal Deep Ajmera
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:14 PM
To: ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org
Subject: [ovs-discuss] Reg. ofport set to -1

Hi,

Currently in OVS we set "-1" for ofport field in interface table of OVS DB when
we fail to initialize the interface. This means if we had allocated any ofport
number earlier, it is released. When the above failed interface gets
initialized successfully later it gets a "new" ofport number again. Due to
change in ofport number, any SDN controller will have to change all the
openflows corresponding to this interface (due to change in port number). I am
not sure why we release the ofport number for the interface, unless it is
deleted from the interface table itself.

Does it make sense to preserve the ofport number as long as the interface is
present in OVS DB and release it once it is deleted? This will help controller
not to modify existing flows but only replay (resync) the same, once interface
comes back alive.

Need some guidance here how to handle such cases.

Warm Regards,
Vishal Ajmera