Hi Tony,

Kolla is installing ovn from RDO (CentOS) or UCA (Ubuntu) packages - and
they are more or less stable in a specific OpenStack release - so best
would be to use template override functionality and build your own images
with newer versions.

For 1. and 2. - I will submit patches to change behaviour in about two
weeks (I just started vacation).

Thanks for your valuable feedback
Michal

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 01:37, Tony Liu <tonyliu0...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michal,
>
> Based on some comments from the community, I'd like to have your
> attention on couple things here.
>
> 1. For now, "--db-nb-create-insecure-remote=yes" is set in
> ovn-nb-db.json.j2, when deploy ovn-nb-db and ovn-sb-db.
>
> That results a TCP method is set by ovn-ctl script to run
> ovsdb-server.
>
> It's recommended to not set TCP method in command line, instead,
> create connection table for TCP method. That way, the inactivity
> probe interval can be set in the connection table as well.
>
> 2. On chassis node (compute node or gateway node), ovsdb-server
> opens TCP socket and ovn-controller connects to it. Since this
> is local communication, it's recommended to use UNIX socket.
> It also avoids inactivity probe.
>
> How can I get update on Kolla container image updates?
> For example, I am currently using ussuri, where OVN is 20.03.
> I wonder if I can get upgraded ussuri image with OVN 20.06?
> Or Kolla container upgrade is aligned with OpenStack release,
> like I won't be able to get upgraded OVN until next OpenStack
> release? If that's the case, I will just upgrade the container
> by myself.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Tony

Michał Nasiadka