On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 4:58 PM Francois <rigault.franc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 22:20, Numan Siddique <num...@ovn.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 9:11 AM Francois <rigault.franc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > The ovn-controller running on chassis-1 will not detect the BFD failover.
>
> Thanks for your answer! Ok for chassis-1.
>
> What I don't understand is why chassis-2, who is aware that chassis-1
> is down, is not able to act as a gateway for its own ports.

I see what's going on.  So ovn-controller on chassis-2 detects the failover
and claims the cr-<gateway_port>. But ovn-controller on chassis-1 which has
higher priority claims it back because according to it, BFD is fine.

You can probably monitor the ovn-controller logs on both chassis, and you
might notice claim/release logs.

Or you can do "tail -f ovnsb_db.db" and see that there are constant updates
to the cr-<gateway_port>.

Having 3 chassis will not result in this split brain scenario which you have
probably observed.

Thanks
Numan