> Hi Ian
>
> Thanks much for feedback and I agree,
>
>  https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/ claims that 2.16.x can
> be
> build with DPDK 20.11.1 successfully but documentation needs to be updated
> because I mentioned We are able to build 2.16.2 with 21.08.

I understand but please see the section below the supported releases in the
same document.

Q: Are all the DPDK releases that OVS versions work with maintained?

OVS releases only supports and are validated against DPDK LTS releases, as
21.08 is not a LTS release the OVS community officially doesn't validate and
support use against it, that’s not to say it might not work, but it has not
been validated by the OVS community and we recommend sticking to DPDK LTS
releases to benefits from LTS support (bug fixes etc). So in this case no need
to update the documentation as it's inline with community policy.

Thanks
Ian