On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 2:44 PM Jaspal Singh Dhillon
<jaspal.dhil...@nutanix.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Can you please assist with my query, to refresh:
>
> Is it possible for OVS/OVN to learn MAC-IP bindings in a network, where the
> IPAM is done outside of OVN (basically external IPAM) ?
> We are exploring options to achieve it and one way is to snoop packets and
> update CMS directly.
> But if this is a solved problem in OVS community, can you please suggest how
> to go on about it.

OVN supports FDB learning provided the logical switch port has
addresses set to "unknown".   But it only stores the MAC-logical port
information
and not IP.  Please check  this -
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/main/ovn-sb.ovsschema#L524  and
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/main/ovn-sb.xml#L4511

To answer your question,  I don't think OVN supports MAC-IP learning
the way you are expecting.

We do have another table - MAC Binding in Southbound database, but
that is learnt in the router pipeline.

You can check that out here -
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/main/ovn-sb.xml#L3365

Thanks