On 9/7/23 16:38, Michal Prívozník via discuss wrote:
> On 9/6/23 15:26, Laurent Coloby via discuss wrote:
>> Hello support
>>
>> I'm blocked on a basic issue
>>
>> I use libvirt / KVM with unbutu
>>

>> I just want to launch a virtual Machine with a connection to OVS
>>
>> With command virsh edit VM , I modify to be conform to your recommendation
>> https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/stable/howto/libvirt/
>>
>> [cid:image001.png@01D9E0D3.27E6D1E0]
>>

>> And when I start the VM , I have always same issue
>>
>> [cid:image002.png@01D9E0D6.2AE7D580]
>
> I'm not sure what this list policy is, but if this were libvir-list
> I'd ask you to NOT take a screenshots of a text only to place them into
> a text later.

+1
Sometimes pictures are also fully stripped from the mail list and so
people will not even see what you wanted to show.

>> On Internet , I have seen several people with same issue, but not fond any
>> explanation
>>
>> Please could you help me on this problem ?
>> Thank you in advance
>>

> If you enable libvirt debug logs [1] then you should be able to see what
> command is libvirt actually executing to add the TAP device into the
> bridge. The code that drives what arguments are passed to 'ovs-vsctl
> --may-exist add-port ...' depend on a lot of config knobs [2]. But in
> this case it should be fairly trivial command.
>
> Anyway, if you turn on libvirt debug logs you should be able to see what
> command was executed (and perhaps even if it reported any error - if it
> did libvirt should have passed on that error message, so maybe there's
> an improvement potential on libvirt side too).

+1 as well.  Please, look at libvirt logs to see what is going on.

But if I were guessing, I'd say that you may have an issue with permissions,
because you're starting OVS manually from a root user, IIUC.  Libvirt daemon
likely doesn't have permissions to access sockets created by ovs-vswitchd
in this case.