On 1/15/24 21:05, Reshma Sreekumar via discuss wrote:
> I see..thanks for the explanation. My use-case is to have a traffic
> redirection
> from an ovs-enslaved port to IFB netdevice on ingress Qdisc. Considering the
> given mode of operation,may be it's better if I opt for some other methods of
> redirection to IFB netdevice?

I never worked with IFB interfaces, so I'm not 100% sure that will work,
but you may remove your port from OVS and add you IFB interface instead.
Egress qdisc on IFB will be in use, you may protect it from being removed
by using linux-noop QoS type.

I suppose, the traffic will enter OVS after IFB.  So, you'll have your
veth1 (ingress qdisc)  -->  ifb (egress qdisc) --> OVS.  Should be fine
if you're going to redirect all the traffic to ifb.

Let us know if that works.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.