On 3/18/24 17:35, Brendan Doyle via discuss wrote:
> Folks,
>

> Here are the versions of OVN/OVS that we are currently using:
>

> ovn v22.03.2 (released Dec 20, 2022)
>
> NB DB Schema 6.1.0
> SB DB Schema 20.21.0
>
> ovs v2.17.7 (released Jun 27, 2023)
> DB Schema 8.3.0
>
> ovsdbapp v2.4.0 (released Jul 05, 2023)
>
> python_ovs library - 2.16.90
>
> Is this the correct version of ovsdbapp/python_ovs library For the
> OVN/OVS versions above?

Hi, Brendan.

x.x.90 is almost never a correct version to use as it means that
you're using something that wasn't actually released.

Also, 2.16 is kind of old at this point and not supported anymore.

In general, python ovs library should be compatible with any version
of database schemas, i.e. any release of OVS/OVN, since it's not
bound to any specific database.  On this topic I would just suggest
to upgrade to a newer supported version, e.g. 2.17.9 or 3.3.0.
Note that python-openvswitch distribution packages are preferred to
a pip install versions, since they are much more performant due to
support for JSON parsing via C bindings.

ovsdbapp itself is using the schema knowledge, but it tries to
be compatible with different versions as well, IIRC.
CC: Terry, he may have some more details on this.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.