On 3/30/24 12:13, Giovanni Tirloni via discuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was playing with ovs-vsctl, adding and removing ports/interfaces and
> checking some traffic with ovs-tcpdump. Later, I noticed the following
> warning in the logs:
>
>   ovs-vswitchd[156154]: ovs|02897|bridge|ERR|bridge ovs-default:
> mirror m_bond0.10 does not specify output; ignoring
>
> I tried to remove it manually but got the following error:
>
>   # ovs-vsctl remove mirror b20f3ce4-c5c2-453a-9fa4-99175be0a02a name
> m_bond0.10
>   ovs-vsctl: "remove" operation would put 0 values in column name of
> table Mirror but the minimum number is 1
>
> I'm not sure why the minimum would be 1 and how to make that warning go away.

As the error message says, you're trying to remove the name from
the mirror and not the mirror itself.  Mirror must have a name,
so the operation fails.

And you will also not be able to remove the mirror record while
bridge is referencing it.  You need to remove the mirror from the
bridge and other database tables will be cleaned up automatically.

If you don't have other mirrors, the easiest way to remove this
one will be:

  # ovs-vsctl clear bridge ovs-default mirrors

If you only want to remove this particular mirror:

  # ovs-vsctl remove bridge ovs-default mirrors
b20f3ce4-c5c2-453a-9fa4-99175be0a02a

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.