OpenBSD www changes summary for 2017-03-05 to 2017-03-12 inclusive

61.html                                 arc.html
armish.html                             aviion.html
build                                   errata59.html
errata60.html                           events.html
faq                                     ftp.html
hp300.html                              httpslist
mail.html                               mvme68k.html
mvme88k.html                            openbgpd
openntpd                                openssh
papers                                  plat.html
socppc.html                             sparc.html
vax.html                                want.html
zaurus.html

== 61.html =========================================================== 01/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/61.html

61.html

  > crank unbound & nsd version numbers (florian@)

  > we no longer include sqlite (florian@)

  > perl is at 5.24.1 (florian@)

  > mention acme-client(1) (florian@)

  > someone merged ping and ping6 (florian@)

  > bump a few 60 -> 61 and a 5.9 -> 6.0 (tb@)

  > update version numbers (matthieu@)

  > mandoc 1.14.1, some UTF-8 stuff, and mention the sqlite3 port (schwarze@)

  > New items found in the /usr/src/etc/ ChangeLog.
  > Nothing to do with respect to /usr/src/bin/. (schwarze@)

  > some ripd/ospfd/ospf6d improvements (jca@)

  > asr support for RES_USE_EDNS0 and RES_USE_DNSSEC
  > filed under "other userland network improvements", maybe RES_USE_DNSSEC
  > should be considered a security improvement (jca@)

  > Additional stuff I've been involved in.
  > Move the RES_USE_*flags to "Assorted improvements" instead. (jca@)

  > Add network and syslog improvements. (bluhm@)

  > remove socppc; based on a diff from denis fondras (tj@)

  > remove/reword cd-related text. (tj@)

  > list various new drivers and one new function
  > found while looking through the lib/ and share/ ChangeLogs (schwarze@)

  > correct architecture name of arm packages (jsg@)

  > remove arm drivers which existed in 6.0 (jsg@)

  > fix a few misspellings (tb@)

  > mention mandoc -T markdown (schwarze@)

  > Update/fix version numbers. (lteo@)

  > fix pasto; diff from Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo at codemadness dot org>
  > (schwarze@)

  > news from the wireless department (stsp@)

  > mention RELRO (guenther@)

  > More libc improvements (guenther@)

  > correct the manpage link for sha512_256 (guenther@)

  > Mention malloc() and ld.so improvements (guenther@)

  > Mention doas persist, removal of usermount, and kdumping of pipe fds
  > (guenther@)

  > Mention HW thread register on arm; fix my own grammar (guenther@)

  > malloc canaries improvements (otto@)

  > typo (otto@)

  > include link (otto@)

== arc.html ========================================================== 02/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/arc.html

arc.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== armish.html ======================================================= 03/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/armish.html

armish.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== aviion.html ======================================================= 04/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/aviion.html

aviion.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== build ============================================================= 05/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/build

build

  ~ mirrors.pl                            ~ mirrors.dat

  > since /etc/examples/pkg.conf was removed, get rid of the code that
  > generates it (sthen@)

  ~ mirrors.dat

  > ucr.ac.cr now has https and adheres to the /pub/openbsd directory layout.
  > (tj@)

  ~ mirrors/ftp.html.end

  > remove mentions of zaurus, sparc and armish. mention https as an option.
  > use shorter man page links. minor text tweaks.
  > ok sthen (tj@)

== errata59.html ===================================================== 06/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/errata59.html

errata59.html

  > release pf errata. (tj@)

== errata60.html ===================================================== 07/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/errata60.html

errata60.html

  > release pf errata. (tj@)

== events.html ======================================================= 08/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/events.html

events.html

  > add slides and paper for my AsiaBSDCon 2017 talk (phessler@)

  > vmm(4) updates talk given at AsiaBSDcon/bhyvecon 09 Mar 2017 (mlarkin@)

== faq =============================================================== 09/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/faq

faq

  ~ faq4.html                             ~ faq8.html

  > Obviously, UTC stands for Coordinated Universal Time not Universal
  > Coordinated Time
  > https://www.nist.gov/pml/time-and-frequency-division/nist-time-frequently-a
  > sked-questions-faq#cut
  > While there, kill two trailing spaces
  > ok tb@ tj@ (danj@)

  ~ faq1.html

  > break up a long list item into smaller, more logical points.
  > sync "buy openbsd products" wording with the home page.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq14.html

  > remove a confusing sentence about how adding or removing a disk may
  > influence disk numbers in openbsd
  > prompted by diffs by marcus merighi, thanks (tb@)

  ~ faq1.html

  > move socppc to the discontinued platform list.
  > ok mpi deraadt (tj@)

  ~ faq1.html                             ~ faq10.html

  > remove the redundant "managing users and groups" section; instead move
  > rmuser
  > manpage link next to its adduser counterpart in faq1.
  > trim some sudo backstory from the doas section.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq4.html                             ~ faq13.html

  > merge "problems with signatures" text into the main signify section.
  > remove some ugly formatting in section titles.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq8.html

  > better wording in the ntpd section.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ index.html

  > sync index and bump copyright. (tj@)

  ~ faq15.html

  > remove "the latest version of my top favorite software is not available!"
  > and "why is there no port/package of my top favorite software?" sections.
  > what little useful information they contained is already present elsewhere.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > mention wireless firmware in the pre-installation checklist.
  > input/ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq5.html

  > start reworking faq5.html for 6.1; streamline and shorten introductory
  > blurb. reduce opinionated advice; shorten overview over build process;
  > zap an ugly table whose whole content is a short sentence: in short,
  > the usual minor polishing.
  > joint work with & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html                             ~ index.html

  > remove "booting the install media" section; instead just reference
  > plat.html
  > for architecture-specific boot instructions.
  > remove section on creating floppies.
  > move disk encryption link to the disk section.
  > few other minor wording tweaks.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > shorten the overview and don't implore the readers to consult the
  > INSTALL.$ARCH files. simply point out their existence. merge some parts
  > into other sections where they fit better.
  > lots of help & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html                             ~ index.html

  > unify/merge similar sections, improve wording and formatting, dedupe some
  > redundant text.
  > input/ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq15.html                            ~ index.html

  > merge a trimmed version of the mini pkg faq into more relevant sections.
  > input/ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq1.html                             ~ faq14.html
  ~ faq4.html                             ~ faq5.html
  ~ index.html

  > despite its name, the faq has very few <h2> titles written in the form
  > of a question. rename these last survivors to the standard "topic" title.
  > zap a short blurb about df while here.
  > ok tb (tj@)

== ftp.html ========================================================== 10/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/ftp.html

ftp.html

  > remove mentions of zaurus, sparc and armish. mention https as an option.
  > use shorter man page links. minor text tweaks.
  > ok sthen (tj@)

== hp300.html ======================================================== 11/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/hp300.html

hp300.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== httpslist ========================================================= 12/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/httpslist

httpslist

  > ucr.ac.cr now has https and adheres to the /pub/openbsd directory layout.
  > (tj@)

== mail.html ========================================================= 13/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/mail.html

mail.html

  > replace zaurus mention with armv7. (tj@)

== mvme68k.html ====================================================== 14/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/mvme68k.html

mvme68k.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== mvme88k.html ====================================================== 15/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/mvme88k.html

mvme88k.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== openbgpd ========================================================== 16/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/openbgpd

openbgpd

  ~ ftp.html

  > sync (tj@)

== openntpd ========================================================== 17/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/openntpd

openntpd

  ~ portable.html

  > sync, missed in previous (tj@)

== openssh =========================================================== 18/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/openssh

openssh

  ~ ftp.html                              ~ portable.html

  > sync (tj@)

== papers ============================================================ 19/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/papers

papers

  + asiabsdcon2017-bfd-paper.pdf          + asiabsdcon2017-bfd.pdf

  > add slides and paper for my AsiaBSDCon 2017 talk (phessler@)

  + asiabsdcon2017-vmm-slides.pdf

  > vmm(4) updates talk given at AsiaBSDcon/bhyvecon 09 Mar 2017 (mlarkin@)

== plat.html ========================================================= 20/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/plat.html

plat.html

  > move socppc to the discontinued platform list.
  > ok mpi deraadt (tj@)

== socppc.html ======================================================= 21/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/socppc.html

socppc.html

  > move socppc to the discontinued platform list.
  > ok mpi deraadt (tj@)

== sparc.html ======================================================== 22/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/sparc.html

sparc.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

== vax.html ========================================================== 23/25 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/vax.html

vax.html

  > "the latest supported release is/was" -> "the last supported release was"
  > (tj@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/want.html

want.html

  > Disks needed for mirror operation in Vienna. (rpe@)