OpenBSD www changes summary for 2017-03-12 to 2017-03-19 inclusive

61.html                                 anoncvs.html
build                                   cvsync.html
events.html                             faq
ftplist                                 index.html
innovations.html                        mail.html
papers

== 61.html =========================================================== 01/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/61.html

61.html

  > vmm(4)/vmd(8) updates (mlarkin@)

  > update Chromium and LLVM versions (jsg@)

  > update MariaDB version, pointed out by Brad (sthen@)

  > sort archs alphabetically in bullet list for installation notes and the
  > quick installer information. the previous order might evoke melancholy by
  > reminding faithful users of the good old times when cds still existed, but
  > in this day and age it makes no sense. zap a duplicate hppa entry while
  > there.
  > suggested by miod (tb@)

  > R 3.3.3, not 3.3.2. from steve andre' (tb@)

  > Add SGI news. (visa@)

== anoncvs.html ====================================================== 02/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/anoncvs.html

anoncvs.html

  > sync (sthen@)

== build ============================================================= 03/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/build

build

  ~ mirrors.dat

  > remove some commented-out mirrors.
  > ok sthen (tj@)

  ~ mirrors.dat

  > comment-out some unresponsive mirrors (sthen@)

== cvsync.html ======================================================= 04/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/cvsync.html

cvsync.html

  > sync (sthen@)

== events.html ======================================================= 05/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/events.html

events.html

  > vmm(4) updates talk given at AsiaBSDcon/bhyvecon 09 Mar 2017 (mlarkin@)

== faq =============================================================== 06/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/faq

faq

  ~ faq4.html

  > shorten the overview and don't implore the readers to consult the
  > INSTALL.$ARCH files. simply point out their existence. merge some parts
  > into other sections where they fit better.
  > lots of help & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html                             ~ index.html

  > unify/merge similar sections, improve wording and formatting, dedupe some
  > redundant text.
  > input/ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq15.html                            ~ index.html

  > merge a trimmed version of the mini pkg faq into more relevant sections.
  > input/ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq1.html                             ~ faq14.html
  ~ faq4.html                             ~ faq5.html
  ~ index.html

  > despite its name, the faq has very few <h2> titles written in the form
  > of a question. rename these last survivors to the standard "topic" title.
  > zap a short blurb about df while here.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > we only need to explain the install files once, so trim dupe examples.
  > move a few paragraphs around for better clarity and unify the two sha256
  > example commands.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > convert two ugly bullet lists into definition lists because that's what
  > they are.
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > all other examples use amd64, so switch this one, too (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > more cleanup:
  > * convert one more bullet list into a definition list
  > * don't mention boot loaders that died 10-20 years ago
  > * no longer mention some cumbersome dual booting options
  > * vista will officially be dead before 6.1 is out, so stop mentioning it
  > * compress dual booting with windows section: it's pining for the fjords
  > * purge fdisk walkthrough that ended up with a 5GB partition for windows
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > when asking for dmesg mails, ask nicely for plain text, no html and no
  > forced line breaks.
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq15.html

  > this page repeatedly says "NOTE" or "IMPORTANT NOTE" a total of seven
  > times.
  > NOTE: i removed them (tj@)

  ~ faq10.html                            ~ index.html

  > add a quick link to 'keeping openbsd updated' and shuffle the other links
  > around so that the order makes a bit more sense. add some air to breathe.
  > idea/ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq15.html

  > remove a sentence describing the effect of explicitly unsetting WRKOBJDIR.
  > this feature is bound to die soon, if it hasn't already. (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > merge the 'additional thoughts' subsection into its parent. remove some
  > bullet points that aren't vital and trim some fat from the others.
  > input/ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > oops: doubled "as" and missing "or" (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html                             ~ index.html

  > rename "partitioning options" into "disk partitioning"
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq4.html

  > link directly to the relevant section of disklabel(8) instead of saying
  > what to read. (tb@)

  ~ faq14.html

  > boot(8), not boot(9) (tb@)

  ~ faq7.html

  > simplify reference to cua(4) (tb@)

  ~ faq14.html

  > add a sentence introducing the newfs command to the "partitions and
  > filesystems" section. hoist the bullet list with special disklabels
  > up a bit, so the whole section remains coherent. prompted by a diff
  > by currell berry on tech.
  > ok tj (tb@)

== ftplist =========================================================== 07/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/ftplist

ftplist

  > sync (sthen@)

== index.html ======================================================== 08/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/index.html

index.html

  > fix inconsistent and invalid markup.
  > from wesley moore (tj@)

  > introduce style block and move body styles into it.
  > separate presentation from page content.
  > from wesley moore
  > tested by me, deraadt and some irc people (tj@)

== innovations.html ================================================== 09/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/innovations.html

innovations.html

  > add recallocarray and tweak intro wording. (tj@)

  > Harvest some innovations from 61.html: acme-client, syspatch, ping, xenodm.
  > Update the links to switchd(8) and switchctl(8).
  > Replace <tt> with <code>. (schwarze@)

  > give kristaps proper credit for acme-client and fix import date.
  > replace "to be released with 6.1" lines with just the version. (tj@)

  > trickiest parts of YP were in libc (deraadt@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/mail.html

mail.html