Am Donnerstag, 9. März 2006 12:53 schrieb Alfille, Paul H.,M.D.:
> Jan, the only support needed would be either a sample of the hardware
> (adapter) or the willingness to test frequent test builds.

I will definately build a board based on the DS2482-800 chip and will test
owfs improvements, too.

> The only changes will be that the w1 polls at it's own rate rather than on
> demand,

Hm. That's not so good. If one has a lot of chips on the bus, but only a few
of them used at the same time, synchronous polling makes thing things damn
slow. But that's exactly my use case. I could release a developer for this in
~8..10 weeks I think, but that's too late for my current development.

Maybe the best idea for me is to put space for both DS2480B and DS2482-800 on
my PCB and improve later. ^^;

> and that multiple adapters aren't yet supported by w1.

Not that important for me, I think.

> Also the
> alarm directory isn't yet implemented. Evgeniy is eager to improve
> function.

I'll talk to him directly, too.

Kind regards

        Jan Kandziora

--
Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.