Am Dienstag, 5. September 2006 03:38 schrieb William Estrada:

>   I am totally lost here.  I want to build system console for a linksys
> wrt54g.  I think I can do it with the 1-wire interface, like so:
>
>   http://64.124.13.3/1-Wire/1-wire-master.jpeg
>
> But I need help with the design.  If one of you kind soles out there can
> give me some helpful hints or fill in the holes, I would be very
> appreciative.  I can handle the software part.

RS232 as a Onewire slave "feels" complicated to me. There are a lot of timing
requirements for both RS232 and Onewire, and I'm pretty sure they don't mix
very well. Bitbanging RS232 through onewire could work for lower speeds (300
Baud or so), though.

Which kind of keyboard and display do you want to connect? There is already
support for HD44780 based alphanumerical displays (available with up to 4x24
chars) in owfs.

For the keyboard part, a simple matrix keyboard may be connected far more easy
to onewire.

Kind regards

        Jan
--
Windows ist Kommunismus: Es hört sich gut an, funktioniert aber nicht.