On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Gregg C Levine <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello!
> Paul what is the oldest of the 2.4 series of Linux kernels that will
> support
> both the FUSE module, and the OWFS routines, as applied to the serial
> devices for the One Wire devices?

Serial support in OWFS itself probablu extends back to the 1.2 kernels
Certainly 2.0 and 2.2 are supported.
FUSE is a little more difficult. This page has data:
http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/OperatingSystems

> And next, "Paul, are you aware that we are running against the quota as
> used
> by Sourceforge?" There's a note regarding that issue on my user's account
> e-mail address.

Christian Magnusson has addressed this.

> And this is a general question, would anyone know when Dallas
> Semiconductor
> and Maxim decided to discontinue the Java enabled family of buttons? I
> asked
> them directly about this, but naturally no one there had the answer to
> hand
> as it were.

Not sure. 2004?