On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Peter Hollenbeck <pwhb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had to look on the internet to find out what DSI and CSI connectors are. I
> don't use them. Everything in the picture is stock Raspberry Pi. I think it
> is a B model. (I have four, three As and a B.)
>
> I thought you were looking for an alternative to soldering to the GPIO pins
> or a header.
>
> I will have to look more into DSI and CSI.
> Thanks for the tip.
> Peter
>

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drw...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Peter Hollenbeck <pwhb...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Mike,
>> > "They are intended for the Arduino but work at 5v so should fit in OK.
>> > Soldering to the pins is a bit fiddly but the mains side is screw
>> > terminals.
>> > If you find a better way to connect to the pins please let me know:)"
>> >
>> > Solder to what pins? On the Raspberry? How about this:
>> > http://www.hbeck.net/pics/2013/1305/wire/DSC_0030.JPG

>> Hello!
>> Peter is that your device seen there? Where did you find the widgets
>> sitting on the DSI and CSI connector positions? Side note is that the
>> camera has been released, I've not bought one yet, probably going to
>> as soon as I decide what will happen next.
>>
>> -----
>> Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com
>> "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again."

Hello!
I see. The DSI one is for displays similar to what the majority of
desktops wear, and laptops always wear. The CSI one is for the camera.
It just came out. I do not know how many are being used right now. The
DSI one however has one huge sticking point, the panels for it are too
<DELETED!> expensive. Most people who own the devices are either
connected to it via the regular HDMI connection, or via networking and
the SSH method. Or (still in my case) via the SDTV connection via a
RCA connection.

The one who posed for that photo of yours must have been special, as
its connectors are different then mine, and mine is a regular, that
is, unmodified B model.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com