On 11/09/2015 02:29 PM, Jan Kandziora wrote:
> Am 09.11.2015 um 09:26 schrieb Martin Patzak (GMX):
>> Depending on your built and packaging the --debug option may merely
>> print a DEBUG statement, but not actually do any debugging.
>>
> Really, I don't know why the debian package maintainer disabled debug
> support at all. Maybe there's another package ...-debug which has it
> enabled?
I would not know either and the only package I can find related to debug
is owfs-dbg, which is not the one:

description of package owfs-dbg:

This package contains gdb debugging symbols for OWFS packages.
You need this if you see crashes in programs using 1-wire.

I was searching in the changelogs for anything related to debug:

mnm@razmaban:~$ cat /usr/share/doc/ow*/changelog* |grep -B3 debug

         * module/owlib/src/c/ow_write.c: Added some debug messages to write
--

owfs (2.8p13+dfsg1-4) unstable; urgency=low

   * disable malloc debug at configure time
--
  -- Vincent Danjean <vdanj...@debian.org>  Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:04:19 +0100

... repeated by more of the above

The package maintainer is Vincent <vdanj...@debian.org>, would you
please ask him what is going on?
Does nobody else have any problems with --debug and owserver?

My version is the official jessie package packaged for arm platform,
which is 2.9p8

Btw. just to be sure I installed now owserver on my PC, an amd64
platform, and debug is still empty, besides the print statement in the
beginning.

Moreover hooking up an owserver on the PC to the bananian also does not
give me the correct CRC16_errors value.
Additionally I found out, that e.g. changing the timeout for volatile to
something other than 15 on the owserver on the PC does not get
propagated to the the "master" owserver. But that could be a convention,
I guess.

Thanks,

Martin