There is plenty of industrial quality cable that fits these purposes.
Furthermore, it's typically stranded, whereas most varieties of spooled
Cat5/6 will be solid core, which is not as durable and more difficult to
terminate in, say, terminal blocks -- especially spring-loaded.

I use this stuff all over the place for 1Wire, RTDs, and other sensor
cabling and IO. It is typically far more durable than your average cat5.
With only a few conductors, you will get a much thicker, durable,
weather and fire-proof cable at a smaller diameter.