Am 19.06.2016 um 05:52 schrieb Peter Hollenbeck:
> I bought 4 DS2483R ICs from DigiKey, two bucks each. I thought I
> was getting something I could work with. Hah!
>
> I am okay with 1/2" copper but these are a bit small.

Ah, they are SOT23, that's HUGE! The TDFN package is what gives you a
headache.

Glue the chip to a no-copper PCB board with a tiny piece of bubblegum,
then heat up one of the middle pins with your soldering iron. Take it
away, then put a bit of solder to it.

Next step, heat up a wire end by pressing it to the board with your
soldering iron, then push it a millimeter into the solder ball at the
pin. Continue with the middle pin on the other side of the chip, then
with the corner pins.

Test it. When it works, put a dot of hot glue on the whole thing to fix
it mechanically.

Kind regards

        Jan