Hi
I've got a couple of EDS OWSERVER ENET v2 1-wire bridges, used for temperature
monitoring and controlling a heating system via an 8 channel I/O board driven
by a DS2408 (made by, the sadly departed, HobbyBoards).
The polling nature of the ENET makes controlling the relays a bit tedious (due
to the caching and not being able to set one PIO bit like you can with owfs),
so I've recently tried connecting owserver to it.
What I'm finding though it I keep getting timeout errors:CONNECT:
ow_com_write.c:(177) [Broken pipe] Trouble writing to x.x.x.x:8080
I think this is because the ENET closes the socket 30 seconds after it has been
idle. From the manual:"When a TCP connection is made, the OW-SERVER-ENET-2
stops polling 1-Wire devices and waits for commands over the TCP connection. If
30 seconds elapse without any commands, the OW-SERVER-ENET-2 closes the TCP
connection and resumes normal polling of 1-Wire devices. Optionally, the user
may send a quit command to avoid the 30 seconds delay."
I'm now reading a temperature every 25s to keep the connection open, but is
there a simpler way? E.g. can I tell owserver to quit the connection cleanly
after I've done my read/writes?
Thanks!
Simon