Am 11.02.2017 um 12:26 schrieb Matthias Urlichs:

>> This is a nice-to-have feature. Given the amount of complexity you have
>> to add to support this, I would first walk away, then turn around, throw
>> something heavy at it, then run away.
> MoaT implements something like this. It's not that difficult / complex
> IMHO. The key idea is to store the list of permitted channels on the
> device. You need a command to retrieve that information anyway, so use
> its result in owfs to limit the number of channels.

The latter is the difficult and complex part, because you have to inform
all layers in the owfs setup about that change.

There are no provisions for that. It had to be introduced from scratch,
change a number of core components. All that for a feature which is just
nice-to-have and not used by any other component but these two.

Kind regards

        Jan