On 03/03/2017 10:02 AM, Colin Law wrote:
On 3 March 2017 at 08:42, Martin Patzak (GMX) <martin.pat...@gmx.de <mailto:martin.pat...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    On 03/02/2017 08:50 PM, Colin Law wrote:
    > It appears that the supplied version is not compiled with the
    ftdi option.

    how do you check for that? Why is the Debian package not compiled
    with ftdi?

When I ran it I got
OWFS[26316]: DEFAULT: ow_arg.c:(85) FTDI support not included in compilation. Use generic serial device.
which seemed suggestive.
ok, I see. And yes, it does seem suggestive :-)

No idea why it is not built with that, you would have to ask the packager I suppose.
I might have to do that then ;-)
Thanks Colin,

Martin

Colin