Hello!
I'd go a bigger step further and make them optional by way of how the
configure script is managed. I manage three platforms here. My desktop
a 32 bit machine running Slackware 11.0 Linux, and this laptop, that
also runs Slackware 14.2 in 64 bit mode. And of course any number of
Raspberry Pi platforms.

We'd a poll of some kind asking how many people use Python in the OWFS
community, and even TCL and then PHP. Once we've got those numbers,
we'd have some idea of what to do next.

Of course the merely obvious question is why the swig bindings are not
under active development. The incredibly obvious question then is who
was performing that task.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com