On 6 January 2018 at 00:19, Péter Zsembery <zsemberype...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Back in May last year I asked for help to make OWFS communicate with my home
> developed 1-wire slave device (based on PIC16F877A).
> The hardware configuration is Raspberry Pi RevB with Raspbian 3.18.11 and
> DS2480-100 on I2C.
> Based on your answers I tried to make it work during the Xmas holiday.
> I created a new .c (ow_tx20.c) and a new .h (ow_tx20.h) files and made the
> necessary changes in the following files:
> /usr/src/owfs-3.2p1/module/owlib/src/c
> - Makefile, Makefile.in, Makefile.am, ow_tree.c
> /usr/src/owfs-3.2p1/module/owlib/src/include
> - Makefile, Makefile.in, Makefile.am,ow_devices.h
>
> Then I stopped all the OWFS components and ran the following commands
> sudo ./configure
> sudo make
> sudo make install
> There were no errors so I typed
> sudo reboot
>
> After restart the owfs and owhttpd both work normally I can check the
> readings from 2 DS1820 sensors in the file system and via a remote web
> browser as well.
> My custom slave is also seen but only the following data displayed:
> address FA11223344556687
> crc8 87
> family FA
> id 112233445566
> r_address 87665544332211FA
> r_id 665544332211
> These information were also available before I made any changes in the OWFS
> just connected my slave device to the 1-wire network. I also checked the
> structures directory but the FA family code is not listed in it.
> So it seems something went wrong with the configuraton changes. The OWFS
> still does not know how to handle my device.
>
> What could be the problem? Where should I start the troubleshooting?
> If needed I can post all the configuration changes I made and the contents
> of the ow_tx20.c and ow_tx20.h files as well.

Are you sure you are running your new version of owfs and not the
which owhttpd
or whichever command you are trying to run, that will show you where
it is installed.  The previous version will likely be in /usr/bin. I
don't exactly where make install will install to (I think it should
have said when you ran it) but it may be something like
/usr/local/bin. Check the date on the file to see whether it is your
new one.

Colin