Am 11.07.19 um 23:10 schrieb Mick Sulley:
> Looking at my system via owhttpd at top level I can see all the devices
> and some other things -
>
> bus.0 seems to mean the bus structure, so in there I can see bus.0 to
> bus.7  In each of these I see just the devices on that bus plus
> interface, simultaneous and alarm, and drilling down into
> interface/statistics there is more data

bus.0 to bus.7 may be the channels of a single DS2482-800, or they may
be a mix of individual adapters or owservers connected.

You may find bus.4/bus.6 for channel #6 of an DS2482-800 at the owserver
listed as bus.4. As owservers may connect to other owservers, there may
be even more levels.

> Is there any documentation on the data in there?

The manpages! See e.g.
https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/all/owfs-doc/filelist for a list of
typical installation pathes.

> The reason for the question is that I still have random bus lockups and
> I am considering creating something to power cycle the system, either on
> a time basis, e.g. 3am each day, or based on some early warning
> detection from the data in interface/statistics if that is possible.
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on scheduled power cycle?  Good idea or not?

The DS2482-800 is known to be susceptible to dips in its power sluppy.
Depending on your setup, it may be also susceptible to shorts on any of
the Onewire channels (because they affect the power supply of the
DS2482-800). The only known way to get the chip out of this unuseable
mode is power-cycling it.

One short dip is enough. There is no warning.

I would rather find the source of the power supply problems or shorts
than applying a crude fix.

The other option is not using the DS2482-800 but several DS2483 instead.

Kind regards

        Jan