It looks like your timing has improved after all!

in your original Python-code you could time every read for each sensor.
I have also powered sensors and a read is usually faster than 0.1 seconds.
I log in a file if the read took longer than 0.3 seconds, which is
almost never the case.
I also log in the file if the whole reading loop took longer than 3
seconds, which again is almost never the case.

I also log if the error of the 1wire bus changes.

I read 25 sensors every full and every half minute, so maybe you could
implement a delay as well and see if things get more consistent.
Do you need to read so fast in a loop for you application?

What else is running on your machine? You could run top in parallel to
your python loop.