Hi,

1. Yes, as Ben mentioned, you can indeed set a shortcut from the "Menu Shortcut Keys" page. You can use the filter to identify the action. if you do it like this, though, the shortcut wont be saved in the framework configuration so if you intend to distribute the framework it is better to edit the framework and set the shortcut on the action there [1].

2. Just edit the script behind the action (found inside docbook5-ext/actions/insertBiblioref.xsl) and change the inserted fragment:

<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
    xmlns:jop="java:javax.swing.JOptionPane"
xmlns:prov="ro.sync.exml.workspace.api.PluginWorkspaceProvider"
    xmlns:pw="ro.sync.exml.workspace.api.PluginWorkspace"
    exclude-result-prefixes="#all"
    version="2.0">
    <xsl:template match="*">

        <!-- Java reflection to get input from the user. We intend to make it easier than this in a next version. -->

        <xsl:variable name="target" select="jop:showInputDialog(pw:getParentFrame(prov:getPluginWorkspace()), 'Input target:', '')"/>

    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

[1] https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/19.0/ug-editor/topics/the-action-dialog.html

Best regards,