Hi Bernhard,

Usually for this kind of Docbook-related questions you should consider registering on the Docbook Apps users list:

http://docbook.org/help

and ask around as we do not use Docbook much internally and they may have better suggestions for you. It seems that the Docbook XSLT project has translations for some static texts, for example you can open this file:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\docbook\xsl\common\en.xml

and there is a mapping there between a key and a translation:

<l:gentext key="sectioncalled" text="the section called"/>

which is probably used when the link text is computed by the EPUB XSLTs.

I think that in your case the English translation is used because you have not set 'xml:lang="de"' to your <article>'s root element. And of course you can control these static texts by modifying the translation files.
More about Docbook and translating its static texts:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Localizations.html

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu