Hello,

This behavior is caused by the fact that the imagemaps are not responsive in the generated output. To avoid this you could use a jQuery plugin that makes the imagemaps responsive. You can find such a plugin here: https://github.com/stowball/jQuery-rwdImageMaps

To include the plugin in WebHelp Responsive output you should create a well-formed XML file with the following content and refer it using the "webhelp.fragment.head" parameter from the transformation scenario:
<head>
<script src="${oxygen-webhelp-output-dir}/jquery.rwdImageMaps.min.js" />
    <script>
        $(document).ready(function(e) {
            $('img[usemap]').rwdImageMaps();
        });
    </script>
    img[usemap] {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
</head>

To have the "jquery.rwdImageMaps.min.js" file automatically copied in the output, you should also set the "webhelp.custom.resources" parameter from the transformation scenario to point to a directory that contains this file. Note that all files and directories found in that folder will be also copied in the output directory.

More information can be found here:
- https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/19.1/ug-editor/topics/webhelp-plugin-additional-parameters.html - https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/19.1/ug-editor/topics/copy_resources.html - https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/19.1/ug-editor/topics/wh-add-custom-html.html

Regards,
Bogdan

Bogdan Cercelaru
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support