Hi David,

You would need to implement an Oxygen plugin for this.
Maybe you can take a look at this plugin:

https://github.com/oxygenxml/ExecuteAuthorActionsOnSaveHook

When content is saved in the Author visual editing mode, the plugin can invoke a previously defined Author action. So you do not need to modify the plugin's Java code, just the action ID which should get called on save.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor