Hi Christian,

Can you give me a precise sequence of steps to try on my side?
Here's what I tried on my side:

Configure a new Exist connection using Oxygen 5.0RC4, then you open the connection in the "Data Source Explorer", right click on a folder and choose to create a new XQuery document with extension "xq", then save some content to the XQuery file. This worked for me.

If a similar thing does not work for you, maybe in the Oxygen Preferences->"Data Sources" page you could try to delete the configured Exist data sources and connections and start over. Otherwise you may be using Exist 4.x client side JAR libraries to connect to an Exist 5.x server.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor