Dear Roger,

There are two type of symbols that are rendered with a color, elements with the xsd prefix and an XPath expression.

For the first type, go to Options -> Preferences -- Editor / Syntax Highlight / Elements/Attributes by Prefix
We have here an association between a prefix and a color.
This allows to easily distinguish elements or attributes with a specified prefix from the rest of the document. You may remove those mappings or define the color you like them to be mapped to.
For some additional details please see also:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/23.1/ug-editor/topics/preferences-colors-elements-by-prefix.html

For the second type you need to control the XPath syntax highlighting colors. For that go to Options -> Preferences -- Editor / Syntax Highlight and ecpand the XQuery/XPath entry and set the desired colors and styles for the different token types.
See also:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/23.1/ug-editor/topics/preferences-colors-sh.html

Hope these pointers help!

Best Regards,