Hi Frank,

About this specific request:

So I thought maybe I could perhaps quickly toggle the "Print-ready" style on and off to see the tags and better find the correct cursor position. Can I create a keyboard shortcut for doing this?

We do not yet have a means to set a certain keyboard shortcut for applying a CSS layer, we have an internal issue for this, I added your contact details to it and I'm pasting the issue ID below for future reference:

    EXM-22482 Assign hot keys for the alternate styles (CSS API)

There are other ways in which someone could for example create a custom Author action which sets a certain pseudo class on an element and then the CSS selectors can use that pseudo class to enable or disable certain properties. For example with the "custom.css" file I'm attaching I added a button directly in the Author visual editor and when the button is clicked, a certain CSS pseudo class is set on the root element and the tags are shown or hidden based on it.

Regards,

Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor