Hi Frank,

Please see some remarks below:

/Also make sure you prefix the pseudo class value also in the oxy_action. /--> How do I do this?

Like this:

:root:before {
    display:block;
    content: oxy_button(action, oxy_action(
          name, 'Tags on/off ...',
          description, 'Toggle Full Tags',
          operation, 'ro.sync.ecss.extensions.commons.operations.TogglePseudoClassOperation',
          arg-elementLocation, '.',
          arg-name, '-oxy-no-tags'
        ));
    position: fixed;
    top: 4px;
    left: 160mm;
}

:root:-oxy-no-tags, :root:-oxy-no-tags * {
    -oxy-display-tags:none;
}

Negative values do have an effect in oXygen's Author mode and they are essential for me. Hm...???

As I said there are two distinct aspects:

- CSS Validation using the W3C CSS validator. Negative margins are reported as errors by it.

- The CSS engine Oxygen uses to render the XML in the Author page, engine which supports negative margins.

I'll investigate to see if "margin-inline-start" is really required or can be replaced. I saw that it is used in one of oXygen's CSS files and wanted to reverse a formatting effect produced with this style.

We use this property in a single place because the DITA CSS are also used by our Web Author (in-browser editor). So the Oxygen desktop does not use this property in any way from what I looked but our Oxygen Web Author product which runs in a web browser uses this property as it uses common CSSs with the desktop application.

Regards,

Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor

I refer to (2): Opening "custom.css" in oXygen.

/Also make sure you prefix the pseudo class value also in the oxy_action. /--> How do I do this?

Negative values do have an effect in oXygen's Author mode and they are essential for me. Hm...???

I'll investigate to see if "margin-inline-start" is really required or can be replaced. I saw that it is used in one of oXygen's CSS files and wanted to reverse a formatting effect produced with this style.

Do I use an oXygen framework for my custom.css? Probably... How can I verify this?

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

There are two distinct aspects to this:

1) Installing your framework in Oxygen and editing a DITA topic in the Author mode using your custom framework's CSS. I tested and on my side Oxygen reports no error when opening and editing a DITA topic with your framework. So I cannot reproduce this problem you reported:

This is annoying because the "Results" window keeps popping up whenever I save a dita file.
2) *Opening your "custom.css" in Oxygen and validating it*. Here indeed some errors are reported.

2.1)

Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class “:no-tags”
You can avoid this error by prefixing the custom pseudo class with "-oxy-", something like ":root:-oxy-no-tags".

*Also make sure you prefix the pseudo class value also in the oxy_action.*

2.2)

*“-2em” negative values are not allowed *:
Such errors are reported by the W3C CSS validator, the CSS is considered invalid according to the CSS standard. We do not have settings to filter out errors reported by the CSS validator.

2.3)

Property “*margin-inline-start*” doesn't exist : 0
Again this property does not see to be defined in the CSS3 standard and is reported as such by the W3C CSS validator. We do not have a way to inhibit this.

Oxygen's CSS engine used to render DITA topics in the Author mode does not support this "margin-inline-start" property or use it in any way. But some browsers seem to support it.

Regards,

Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor