If you are trying to determine if your files are portable, I'd run your content
through the standard OT plugins for pdf and html to test your results.I'd also
suggest that rather than trying to use the framemaker converted files  I'd
start building some test content that you build directly with oxygen. It
doesn't have to be big and complicated, just enough to verify your questions
and concerns. You might want to use your content for examples  but build a 2
col 3 row table and see what happens when you apply the different attributes at
different levels. Start simple and where you would like to mange the rules,
process and see what you get. Once you get the sample table the way you want
compare it with the framemaker version and strip out or add markup as
needed.Collect all of these samples together in an organized manner and now you
have a minimal test document that you can test with rather than trying to find
examples in the larger content body. This format sample will help you as you
add tools or switch vendors an approaches. You will now have a small sample you
can quickly run or import into these tools to understand how well they work or
changes you will have to make.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Frank Dissinger
<frank.dissin...@cgs-oris.com> Date: 4/12/23  8:18 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Oxygen
Understanding @colsep and @rowsep
    Thank you!

    Hm... These attributes were set on <table> and
      <tgroup> in my DITA files, but not on <entry>, and the
      attribute value was sometimes = "0", sometimes = "1". Nevertheless
      the tables rendered correctly, but perhaps only because I have set
      up the CSS and MiramoPDF styles to create frames for all table
      cells for all <table> elements. I'll have to investigate
      this...

    So perhaps, to keep my DITA data portable and to ensure they are
      rendered correctly with other transformations, it would be safer
      to also set @colsep and @rowsep to "1". But really for each
      <entry>? Wouldn't it be enough for <table>?

    Frank

    Am 12.04.2023 um 16:36 schrieb Michael
      Boudreau:

      @font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Verdana;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:"Times New Roman \(Body CS\)";
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle21
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;
        font-weight:normal;
        font-style:normal;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}

        For a CALS
            table, @frame="all" draws a border around all four
            outside edges of the table; it does not affect the interior
            lines. See
https://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/options/OASIS/tag-library/19990315/index.html

        To indicate
            a table with all the grid lines visible, CALS requires
            @frame="all" as well as
            @colsep="1" and
            @rowsep="1" on all <entry> elements (you
            can omit colsep on the rightmost cells and rowsep on the
            finalrow).

          --

            Michael
                R. Boudreau