Dear Roger,

Oxygen needs to treat that element as a whitespace preserve element.

One option is to add it to the "Preserve space" elements list in the Oxygen preferences (Options->Preferences -- Editor / Format / XML):
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/25.1/ug-editor/topics/preferences-editor-format-xml.html#preferences-editor-format-xml__dlentry_z2p_bgk_54b

Oxygen also detects that from various sources if information, for example if you use a schema and that defines the element as whitespace preserve element, or if the element has the xml:space attribute set as: xml:space="preserve".

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina