From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Les Hughes
Sent: Thursday, 20 May 2010 3:48 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: How To do something every so often

Greg Harris wrote:

> Hi Everyone,

> I think that this shows that we all have too much time on our hands!

You especially... but we appreciate it :)

> As about 80% of development cost is in maintenance, then keep it

> simple unless you really really need to change it for a good reason.

> So DON'T CHANGE THIS!

I still think Bill's answer was superior, as it also accounts for multiple
threads/etc (although, not required in this case).  Second to that would be
a (if blah > rah; print thing; blah = 0) ...as your tests indicated.

On hard to read/complexity/whatver... I would argue that for a seasoned
developer, using boolean logic isn't anything tricky, nor hard to read when
used appropriately. If the hex figure scares you a little, you can throw it
into calc.exe to get the value, or even just comment it in.

Anyway... good work, all we need is a test to proove once and for all that
VB is superior to C#.

:P

--

Les Hughes