http://www.babelfor.net

*Protect software components realized with Microsoft .NET Framework in order
to protect intellectual property and makes reverse engineering difficult.*
* *
*Supports .NET Framework 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010*

I have never used it, just saved the link for a rainy day :)

from this blog post

http://www.andybeaulieu.com/Home/tabid/67/EntryID/198/Default.aspx
Obfuscating Silverlight (for free)

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Anthony <asale...@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> I assume that if the client doesn’t ask for the code then i don’t give it
out.  I would increase my fee if they want the code anyway

On Behalf Of Michael Minutillo
> Sent: Thursday, 3 June 2010 3:07 PM
> To: ozDotNet
>
> Subject: Re: .NET Obfuscator Software..free!
>

> Well most clients I have dealt with in the past end up with the source
code.

> > After all, "clients" have been accepting obfuscated code since time
immemorial already! (Well, at least since the 1980s.) That's what compiled
code is! Unless you wanted to reverse engineer to assembly language, pretty
much everything was obfuscated.

> In the form of a product that is true. But if that were the case I would
expect the OP would have wanted to obfuscate the entire solution. As there
is a single binary to be obfuscated (and it gets used a lot) it sounds more
likely that it is being used in custom software that is developed for a
single client. For the client:

> If they purchase a library then they get a support contract so if things
go wrong they get fixed

> If they use an open source library then they get the code so they can fix
issues or pass them on to someone to fix.

> If the developer hands them a library which is neither they could be in
trouble.

> If you are selling a product with support then this is OK because you have
an agreement with the client that you'll fix anything that goes wrong. If
you were to have a falling out with the client over an invoice or something
(it happens) then they effectively have a piece of software that only you
(someone they no longer wish to do business with) can maintain.

dylan.tus...@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au> wrote:

> > That is potentially a pretty dangerous risk for a client to accept isn't
it? Unless it contains some kind of proprietary algorithm or something I'm
not sure it's a great idea.

> That's a pretty weird point of view.
>

> After all, "clients" have been accepting obfuscated code since time
immemorial already! (Well, at least since the 1980s.) That's what compiled
code is! Unless you wanted to reverse engineer to assembly language, pretty
much everything was obfuscated.

> Dylan.

> To find out more about the Sunshine Coast Council, visit your local
council office at Caloundra, Maroochydore, Nambour or Tewantin. Or, if you
prefer, visit us on line at www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au

> This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Any form of review, disclosure, modification,
distribution and or publication of this email message is prohibited without
the express permission of the author. Please notify the sender immediately
if you have received this email by mistake and delete it from your system.
Unless otherwise stated, this email represents only the views of the sender
and not the views of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.