On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Michael Minutillo
<michael.minuti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if the template size isn't going change and this is the only app
> running on the machine then so be it. Chances are good that neither of those
> things is true. I'd still err on the side of having a single line memory at
> a time because it's not like the optimization is making it any harder to
> read or understand.

Yup template file will mostly likely not change and app will always
run locally as an exe. This sort of optimisation you suggested seems
good enough to use as it is fairly simple.

...But I was kinda questioning the design of doing things this way at
all. It seems like what I want is a dynamic "page" (like a webform)
that can run and spit out text just like an asp page does.....so the
placeholders would really be <%= %> tags. Is something like this an
option? Can I somehow run an asp.net page locally? Will this cause
performance problems for 750megs of data which is around 70 pages? Am
I going completely crazy? :-)