I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion around this on the mailing
list yet.

I've got some notes about the day 1 & day 2 keynotes
http://davidburela.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/build-keynote-day-1metro-experience-with-jupiter-xaml-and-html5js/
http://davidburela.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/build-keynote-day-2windows-server-8-and-developer-tools/

*Some quick thoughts:*
*Development*
The new functionality for the immersive apps is cool. The "charms" that
allow you to share data between applications (edit an image in an image
editor, then have another app directly upload it to twitter) is cool.
User account syncing across desktops is also interesting. Syncing combined
with the "Credential locker" allows a user to log in to an app on one
computer (e.g. using Facebook or Google credentials to log in via the Azure
ACS), the credentials are saved in the locker and synced to their other
computers. So later if they pick up a tablet and launch the app, they will
just be logged in straight away. and it only takes ~3 lines of code.

*as a desktop*
The new tile start screen is cool. and the new immersive apps in the metro
themed style is cool
However I am finding it really frustrating to use it as a general Operating
System, as I keep getting mentally confused between the 2 different contexts
(Tile interface, classic desktop).
I keep hitting start to bring up my list of programs, but that takes you
back to the tiles.
I also don't see how my traditional multi monitor setup with multitasking is
going to work in this world of new "immersive" style apps. Reading a webpage
in the chromeless immersive app and then trying to chat with someone on MSN,
is a jarring experience.

-David Burela