I have to agree with what you're saying about flicking between apps. And
you've got a tablet - it's even harder with a mouse!

As far as I can tell, you have to go so close to the left border of the
desktop and then it seems to only show the previous view/app you were using.
I would have thought it would show all the apps that you currently have
activated (but are probably suspended) allowing you to slide between the
various apps.

Also, it took me a while to figure out that the start button was still
available because it was so far down in the bottom left corner that I'm
surprised I actually stumbled across it with the mouse.

I know it's early days and it's designed for touch - but I'm worried it's
going to upset a lot of people if they don't work out how to make that more
intuitive. There's is a lot of existing hardware that it's going to have to
run on that is not touch ready.

T.