I was in the UK . Got my first PC from Amstrad 640k 20Mb hard drive (and
was an 8086). I had to choose between a hard drive and colour - parents
could only afford one. Man booting DOS off of a hard drive as opposed to
floppy - magic!!!

Used it for my final year project programming in Modula 2.

--
regards,
Preet, Overlooking the Ocean, Auckland