We were having a discussion at lunch time about tablets and tablet like
interfaces. And though we weren't talking about win8 per se there was two
schools of thought. One camp thought that keyboards will always provide
a high bandwidth to computer interaction for us (devs) content creators.
And that the tablet interfaces will never suffice.

While my view was that as abstractions mature more software enabling that
content creation through these interfaces will appear, and will improve the
bandwidth sufficiently.

My view is when wimps appeared keyboard hacks like me found them hard use
and to maintain productivity. But as they matured things improved
considerably. Key things that come to mind are IDEs with data/tool tips and
interactive text windows.

And thought I 'hate' windows 8 for being a giant phone it's only
a temporary thing until  the software matures - v.next++.  In fact I'm
going as far to bet my career on it again.

-- preet